Saturday, May 5, 2007

Know His power, in quietness and trust

Sometimes, we can preach our whole lives about You, but do we really know You?
Sometimes, we can sing our whole lives about You, but do we really know You?
Sometimes we can teach the children, how to live their lives for Jesus, but do you really know You?

-Jason Upton (Not alone)

What is common between David, Daniel and Moses in the bible. One shepard boy defeated a giant with a single pebble, one patient servant awaited calm and still in a den of roaring lions, one ordinary man led a whole nation out of their slavery to the promise land. How did they do it? Simply because they KNEW the God they worshipped, they KNEW His power, and therefoe they trusted and went forth. Do we really KNOW who is the great God we sing about?

Song title: The Great I am

V1
Sometimes we can preach our lives, all about Him
But one phone call comes and we lose everything we believe in
Sometimes we tell the children, Hes a God who heals
But when the sickness comes desperation is all that we feel

So can we say to Goliath
You come to me
With your arms that kill
With your weapons of steel...
But I come to you!
In the the name of the LIVING GOD
Fall on your knees
You have defied the army

Chorus
One stone is all it took
One stone and the ground it shook
With one single toss cos he knew who his God was
All he did was what he could

Daniel in the lions den
Awaited His mighty hand
To shut the mouths of the hungry beasts
Cos he knew, The Great I Am

V2
Sometimes we tell the world, our God reigns
But when the storm comes, we give up, we get consumed in our pain
Can we really say to the mountain, move aside
Cos in your heart you know the God in whom you abide

Say to the red sea
Youre not too big for me
Say to Pharaoh
Let my people go...
Cos I come to you!
In the name of the LIVING GOD
Fall on your knees
And set my people free

Chorus2
And ill lead them to the promise land
Even though im just an ordinary man
Slavery be gone cos of to whom they belong
The people of the LORD

Saul was a wicked man
But he was meant for a better plan
So he suffered a cause cos he knew who his God was
The Great I AM


Bridge
My rock, my strength
My only fortress
My one deliverer

My shield and the horn of my salvation
In whom I take my refuge

My one stronghold, my saviour king
You turn my darkness into light

No comments: