Saturday, May 5, 2007

What is worship to me?

1 Chronicles 16: 8-36

Why do we worship?
-Make known among nations what He has done (v8)
-Tell of His wonderful acts (v9)
-Rejoice (v10)
-Seek His face (v11)
-Remember the wonders He has done, His mirracles, His judgements (v12)
-Proclaim His salvation day after day (v23)
-Declare His glory among nations (v24)
-Ascribe to the Lord all glory and strength (v28)

Why do we worship the ONE we worship?
-His judgements are n all the earth (v14)
-He remembers his covenants forever (v15)
-Great is He, most worthy of our praise (v25)
-He is feared above all gods (v25)
-He made the heavens (v26)
-For He is good, his love endures forever (v34)


How do we worship?
-Give thanks, call on His name (v1)
-Sing to Him, sing praise to Him (v2, v25)
-Bring an offering and come before Him (v29)
-Glory in His praise (v35)
-Praise Him from everlasting to everlasting (v36)

This a psalm of thanks king david wrote to God. David really knew how to worship God, and I beleive the key was He had a close reltionship with God, he KNEW God well. I believe worship is personal, and is different for every individual relationship with God. So what is worship to me personally? I have highlighted the points above that I can relate to in my walk as a worshiper. Thats worship to me individually. Of cos I have to add another reason,and a very important reason that did not exist in Davids time, it is the cross, and my redemption. The amazing grace of God, that I was lost and now found(: Above is a song I wrote on what worship is to me...

No comments: