Monday, March 31, 2008

A quiet prayer

This song comes deep from my heart. It’s an honest and real outcry, from a friend to another friend. The things of the world, pleasures and wealth gives you happiness that is temporary, but the joy of Jesus Christ is permanent, and will stay with you forever. I’ve rejected this love over and over, and once lived for no one but myself, leading a life without purpose. But there is no greater joy, then coming back to this love..

V1
You live for no one but yourself
You live for pleasures, you live for wealth
But still you sit alone at night, and theres an emptiness inside
And through the highs and lows of life
You just watch this world fly by
And as the seconds run away, I got to let you know today

For One so loved the world
That He gave what He loved most
So that whoever would believe
Will have hope for eternal life

Chorus
So dont turn this offer down today
Put down this barrier you create
What if tommorrow, holds nothing? What if tommorrow never comes?
Cos still right here you wait
In this emptyness you hate
What if tommorrow never comes, Will it be too late?

V2
You say my burdens too hard to bare
Well I've got something good to share
Something Ive found, that turned my life around

This moment is meant for you
This moment youve got to choose
Dont wait another moment, for the moment wont wait for you

The sin filled to the brim
Til there was no life left in Him
Though the blood soaked up his skin
It was heart that broke deep within

Chorus
Just so He could offer you today
So my friend dont hesitate
What if tommorrow, holds nothing?What of tommorrow never comes?
Still here today you wait
Here in this emptyness you hate
What if tommorrow, never comesWill it be too late?

So here you sit alone
Listening closely to this song
Maybe, just maybe, your lifes about to change
Dont say youre not good enough
Cos He doesnt ask for much
All you need to do is say a little prayer

Call on the name of Jesus
And today he'll set you free
Quietly as you close your eyes now
He will hear your plea...

"Jesus...O Jesus...
Come into my life right now
Take over, take over
Forgive me of my shame
And watch me rise again
Help me make these wrongs right
And in my life always be by my side..."

No comments: