Monday, March 31, 2008

the Fathers Pain

What is emphasized here, is not the physical pain, but the emotional pain Jesus went through. Taking the sins, burdens, sicknesses and death upon himself. And He had to do it alone, even His father in heaven had to turn away from him. What agony, what agony. But there was no other way…

V1The darling of My kingdom, fell to the ground
With his hands tied up, spat on by the crowd
Only to obey, to make his Father proud
Against his own will, he said let your will be done

When you knelt there and prayed
The tears fell from your face
Father take this cup from me, but only if You please
But it breaks my heart to say
That there is no other way
To see my children once again, to see my children once again

Chorus
No other way, I love them anyway
My Son, dont cry
Look to your crown, that awaits you here in heaven
But I have to turn my back on you now, Im turning my back on you, my child

V2
The blood you spill will bring them back to me
The tears I spill, will wash them clean
In your dying breath you shouted to the sky
Have mercy on them, for their sin is now on me

And all I wanna sayIs my son how much I love you
But you knew this would come, I cant speak to you for now
I hear you crying out
Father why have you forsaken me?
But this only ends when I say 'it is done'
And I cant be with you for now, My son

Chorus
No other way, I love them anyway
My Son, dont cry
Look to your crown, that awaits you here in heaven
But I have to turn my back on you now, Im turning my back on you , my child

No comments: