Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Your servant, Lord

The song 'Lord wont You use me' is a very simple song. I wrote it simply to tell God 'this is your servant, im willing, so use me according to Your purpose and to the best of my abilities.'

Serving in the youth music ministry in my church FCBC(faith community baptist church) is such an honour and priviledge. I cant believe God picked me to be His levite(: Its been a blast. But it hasnt always been. I was lost before in the wrong kind of music, stuff i really loved last time. I listen to music that preached bad values and some were even against God. I loved the attractive guitar licks and emotional feel to those songs. Well, one day a pastor from philipines visiting my church told me he used to listen to 'Guns N Roses' (something i was quite in to in the past) He then told me at my disappointment that after giving His life to God, he threw away ALL his cds of them. I thought to myself ' i could nvr throw away all my music'. But God kept convicting me, even tho i din want to, i knew i had too. One day, i took the v painful process of deleting all the songs from my computer. OUCH. but God then gave me a sense of peace, one i hadnt had in a long time. im glad to say, ever since then, its been no turning back! Deleting all those music unleashed so many of Gods blessings in my life. God always wanted to bless, but the wrong music was a barrier that was blocking me from His hand of blessings. From then, my guitar skills and music skills improved tremendously (i was stuck at a v lousy stage for a v long time)
And i of cos discovered the JOY in worshipping God! A joy better then any feeling the music i used to listen gave me(:

Jesus is my boss




Playing the electric


Expo services!


Ive been serving a yr or more in Touch childrens services (Touch Young Arrows). It was not something i signed up for or volunteered for. It came to me by accident, by uncommon circumstance. But all of a sudden God open my eyes and changed my perspective towards the kids. Ive developed such a heart for them through this time of serving. God even helped me see the kids through Jesus eyes. Yes they give me much pain and irritation, but i feel so compassionate towards them i cant describe it. I thank God for the priviledge and the strategic position im in to reach out to them. I go down to serangoon kids club every wk to give tuition and games to the kids. Just had a beyond great time planning a camp for these kids in march!


Last day of camp
Sgoon kids(and leaders) looking tan and burnt


Serving God is not a chore, its an honour and a joy! I can testify to that. Theres nothing better than impacting anothr life. just like how that filipino pastor changed my life with just those few words, what more can we do for them! Thats why i cry out to God 'Use me for your glory!' Be the light for all to see(: Nothing is ever boring when youre serving God with the right heart

No comments: