Tuesday, April 17, 2007

the light that shines when all else fades!

"The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the Lord will be your everlasting light, and God will be your glory. Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more; the Lord will be your everlasting light..."

Isaiah 60:19-20

This is the verse behind the song. When i face the troubles of this world, i take out my guitar and sing this song i wrote to God. The lyrics speak to me strongly
Title: Everlasting light

V1
In the midst of the darkness
all my eyes can see is You
You're my refuge, You're my strength

In the troubles and chaos
who can i turn to Lord but you?
You're my comfort, my shelter

Oceans may part, and mountains may fall
but my GOD will make a way

Chorus
The sun will no more be your light by day
nor the moon your light in the dark
for the LORD our GOD is your everlasting light
Your sun will no more set again
and your moon will wane no more
for the LORD our GOD is your everlasting light

V2
From heaven above You came
into this world of sin, You died
all for us, all for love

Now the blind can see
and now the lame they leap like deer
You're the hope, You're the way

Troubles they come, but to the mighty storm I'll say
my GOD will make a way

(Repeat Chorus)

Bridge
Through the valley of the shadows
Through the forest and the wilderness
through the trails and tribulations
Lord light up my way...

To the powers and principalities
To the fortress of my enemies
To the strongholds I'll proclaim
My God will light up my way

And when I face the world and all it's lies
When I can't see beyond my earthly eyes
When Im lost and afriad
Lord come and light up my way

No comments: