Monday, September 24, 2007

the unreasonable trade

Remember, O Lord, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old. Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good. Psalm 25:6-7

V1
Can you see, can you see the irony?
How my joy could arise from agony
My penalty, erased from memory
Undeservingly set free

Like a prisoner released from all his crimes
Like a melody to a broken ryhme
Can you see, can you see?
Can you see the irony

O Lord, please forget, my youthful ways, my sinful days
But don't, don't forget, your grace your mercy, poured out for me

Chorus
Intervention from above
Found in this grace, lost in this love
His precious blood, gave me a brand new start

So what can I do? But give it all back to You

V2
All I did was come before the throne of grace
And said Lord all this time, ive turned away
And right away, You forgave
There my life was saved

And i won't, won't forget, the tears the sweat, the blood You shed
That helped, helped me forget, my shameful past, and all I did was ask

Bridge
O so worthy is the lamb, that stretched out His hand
Pull of my chains, put it on His own
I walked away free, while He died there alone...

Just to forget, my transgressions
And I will remeber, my redemption
That I can rejoice in Him, for I stand here redeemed
Cleansed from within, cleansed off my sin
Whose to say what I could have been
O where do I begin...to give it all back to you

No comments: