Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bedtime Stories

I shake my head at the television screen
Theyre talking bout war again, and bitter things
A land of milk and honey for those who can afford
Our arms filled with destruction yet unseen

Then I go to bed
Thinking bout how our world has fallen
And I utter out a nobel plea

Won't someone help them?
Wont someone save them?

I walk down the pavements of these lonely street
At the side of my eyes, a begger on his knees
And theres the girl with such beauty in her eyes
Yet shes selling herself tonight, the only way shes known

As I walk on by
Thinking about all the misery
And i utter out this noble plea

Won't someone help him?
Won't someone save her?

My friend is hurting my friend is in need
Talks about giving up, and hopeless things
Why can't they see what I see
Why can't they spread their arms and just be free

I lie down here
Thinking about the mess we've created
And I utter out this noble plea

Won't someone help them?
Won't someone save them?
Why does no one help them?
Why does no one save them?

Then I close my eyes...



I close my eyes
And tommorrow I wake up again
The sun will rise
And everything will go on the same

I close my eyes
Put to bed these empty prayers
The light will come
And life goes on the same...
-----------------------------------------

Have they become just bedtime stories?

No comments: