Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Traces of you

Lord, what would I do without you? I would be so fearful, and uncertain, for life is full of doubts, and uncertainty. What would I do if I didnt have you to rely on? You are the only hope, the one I cling on to desperately. Teach me, teach me how to trust in you, I cant do it on my own. For blessed are those who trust in you, O Lord God Almighty.

V1
Im closer to the edge now
Im falling off the cracks of my sin
These scars they do not heal so fast
And the pain is filling slowly to the brim

I look up for an answer
I look down at my fears
The weight is getting stronger
And my will begins to slowly disappear

But when I am wounded, ill fight on
Cos when you were wounded, you fought on

Chorus
When my senses fail me, I trust you
When my heart grows weak, I trust you
When I walk through the battlefield, I trust you

I trust you, I trust you

V2
You promised me youll never leave
You promised you would stay
So however far you may seem to be
I know that you are with me all the way

Cos even the darkness
I see traces of you
These traces I will look to
I'll follow through

and when I am weary, Ill hold on
Cos when you were weary, you held on

Chorus
When my foes they surround me, I trust you
When the path ahead I cannot see, I trust you
In the midst of the raging seas, I trust you

I trust you, I trust you

V3
You turn my valley of tears, to a place of springs
My endless fears, to this song I sing

Some rely on their strentgh, but I rely on you
I put my hope in you, my only hope, my only hiding place, my only joy, my only love, my only everything

Bridge
Hold on, cos im falling, im falling down
Hold on, cos im falling, dont let me
Dont let me fall down, hold on
Hold on, Hold on

No comments: